2003 Search Reports
- January 15th - Weir Prairie, Pierce County, missing person foul play suspected found by helicopter 8 miles away.
- January 17th - , Kitsap County, possible remains, nothing found.
- January 25th, 26th, 27th, 31st - Key Peninsula, Pierce County, 67 year old male, car found in park, subject not found.
- February 1st - Mason County, Three juveniles, turnaround.
- February 1st - Tacoma.
- February 6th - Clallum County.
- February 8th -Research of January 25th-31st Key Peninsula, Pierce County, 67 year old male, nothing found.
- February 12th - Port Hadlock, Jefferson County, possbile human foot found, looked for other human remains, foot turned out to be a bear foot.
- February 14th - Poulsbo, Kitsap County, turnaround.
- February 14th - Browns Point, Pierce County, missing elderly female found under bridge near the home.
- February 20th - Poulsbo, Kitsap County, 50 year old man missing from accident scene, found by ESAR.
- March 1st - Gig Harbor, Pierce County.
- March - Thurston County, missing brush picker.
- April 3rd - Tacoma, missing 17 year old, turnaround.
- April 13th - Greenwater, Pierce County, turnaround.
- April 27th - Evans Creek ORV, Pierce County.
- May 12th - Tacoma, City of Tacoma, 80 year old female walked away from Doctor's office, found in nearby residence.
- May 17th - Camp Bethel, Grays Harbor County.
- May 21st - Maytown, Thurston County, 20 year old mentally disabled male was not picked up and did not arrive at work, found with relatives in Dalles, Oregon.
- May 21st - Tacoma, 8 year old, turnaround.
- May 24th - Clallum County, alzheimers patient, turnaround.
- May 31st - Elbe, Pierce County, missing man, turnaround.
- June 18th - Snohomish County, turnaround.
- June 23rd - Mission Lake, Kitsap County, stand-by.
- June 23rd - Kitsap County, missing 3 year old, turnaround.
- July 16th and 17th - Crystal Mountain, Pierce County, two men and their dogs overdue from hike, found by RRAMSAR on the 70 series road system.
- July 20th - Fircrest, Tacoma.
- July 22nd - Lacey.
- July 23rd - Mason County, missing 3 year old, found by GSSD some distance from the lake.
- July 25th - , Thurston County, possible burial site searched for evidence, nothing found.
- July 29th - Greenwater, Pierce County, missing bipolar female, turnaround.
- August 14th - Kelso, Cowlitz County, skull found, looking for more.
- August 29th - Chehalis Western Trail, Thurston County, body found, looking for more.
- August 29th - Wilkeson, Pierce County, missing boy found by another hiker.
- August 29th and 30th - Corral Pass, Pierce County, hunter called by cell phone with GPS coordinates.
- September 13th - Mt. Adams, Yakima County, overdue climber walked out, used cell phone, went home.
- September 13th - Mt. Adams, Yakima County, overdue bow hunter found on road in the morning.
- September 13th and 14th - Alderton, Pierce County, man missing for several days found by friend walking road.
- September 28th - Matlock, Mason County, elderly man found by GSSD very close to his car.
- October 8th - Tacoma, Pierce County, missing boys seen hitch hiking, turnaround.
- October 15th and 16th - Matlock, Mason County, missing elderly woman found by GSSD a short walk away from facility.
- October 27th - Mt. Pilchuck, Snohomish County, missing hiker from University of Washington group, found by helicopter.
- October 28th - Lake Rimrock, Yakima County, missing hunter found during callout, turnaround.
- October 31st - Chehalis Western Trail, Thurston County, re-search for possible body.
- October 31st - Lacey, City of Lacey, search of possible gravesite.
Back to GSSD Main Page
This page last updated: June 14th, 2004
Copyright, German Shepherd Search Dogs of Washington State, 1997-2004
Renton, WA, USA
Email -- firstname.lastname@example.org